Wednesday, February 20, 2013

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS!

Boy, this last week "LIFE" has really taken up a lot of my time!!  Why can't I just squeeze in a little more time to do what "I" want -- CREATING???  I even have a "to-do" list for every day (which I'm sure all women do).  However, it seems I'm never getting to this list until late afternoon because there are always these "can you do this" requests at the last minute.  So today's post is a little late and it will be short (mark that on your calendar).

This month my card class was all about birthdays.  So let me share with you what I came up with for my stamping friends:

Stampin' Up product used:  Secret Garden and Happiest Birthday Wishes Stamp Sets; Whisper White, Basic Black, and Daffodil Delight Card Stock; Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, and Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink; Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Daffodil Delight 1/4" Grosgrain Stitched Ribbon, White Baker's Twine; and Tag Punch.
 
Stampin' Up product used:  Summer Afternoon Hostess Stamp Set; Basic Black Classic Ink; Naturals Ivory, Basic Black, and Summer Starfruit Card Stock; Patio Party and First Edition Specialty Designer Papers; Summer Starfruit, Chocolate Chip, Gumball Green, and Basic Gray Markers; and Summer Starfruit Satin Stitched Ribbon.

Stampin' Up product used:  Feeling Sentimental and Oh, Hello Stamp Sets; Whisper White, Basic Gray, and Riding Hood Red Card Stock; and Fan Fair Designer Series Paper.
As a little gift for my friends I made these little charms, monogrammed with their initials, to tie on their craft bags, key chain, scissors, or whatever they wished.  They loved them.  I still haven't made one for myself, but here are a few of them (front and back pictures):
Stampin' Up product used:  Silver Soda Pop Tops (crushed in Stampin' Up's Big Shot); Lovely Letters Alphabet Stamp Set; Fan Fair Designer Series Paper; VersaMark Ink; Melon Mambo Embossing Powder; Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon; Rhinestone; and Crystal Effects.

On the back of the charms I used the same product as the front except I used the Collage Curios Stamp Set and the 3/4" Circle Punch with the 1" Circle Punch.
 
And finally, I have a winner to announce from my last blog post asking the name of the discontinued stamp set used for my birthday card.  And the winner drawn was (drum-roll please):

A Touch of Sol: Marisol Gutierrez

Marisol, please e-mail me with your address so I can get your card in the mail.  After posting my card, and based on the many comments I received, I think Stampin' Up should bring back this Hostess Set because everybody wants it (including my best friend who I have left it to in my will -- LOL).  I will be updating this post to include all the product used in the creation.

Until next time,

Sandi
"Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. "  -- Matthew 6:34

4 comments:

  1. I love the charms! I think they will be making an appearance in my stamping room, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, how did you punch the hole for the ribbon? And did you do it before or after you ran the bottle cap through the Big Shot? I'm asking because when I tried something similar with regular bottle caps (before Stampin' Up had theirs - which seem much nicer, btw), I ended up ruining my bottle cap with my Crop-o-dile. Thanks. I really like the ones you made. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the Harry Potter phone both card nice thinking with the key DSP and the HELLO stamp. Good combo. Also like the charms going to have to keep these on my list of make and takes thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi, I love the colors and design on the birthday card. So Spring like. My very favorite card is the one with the bike on it. Not sure if I have that set or not. Lastly, I really like what you did on the Pop Tops. Never thought about doing the backside. Great job on all. TFS

    ReplyDelete