Monday, October 28, 2013

CREATIVE RETREAT PROJECTS

Yes, I have been very busy and didn't get a chance to post until now -- so very sorry!!  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I attended Ronda Wade's Creative Retreat.  She has had 2 of these events every year, for the last 8 years, and I have never missed one of them!!!  She and her assistant Tamie Ackerson spoil us rotten and we truly have a blast.  It will take me 3 posts to show you all the neat stuff we did and received, so watch for updates on my blog to see more of the fun.

Today I am showing some projects I took with me to finish or create; along with 3 of the make'n takes Ronda had for us (I didn't get to make one as I was probably busy with something else -- LOL). 

Right-click on the picture and select "open in new tab" to enlarge so you can see the detail.  These are card boxes, that will hold 20 cards and envelopes.  I'm having my Christmas Stamp-A-Stack class next Saturday and wanted to make boxes for my stamping friends to hold the cards they will be making. 

One of the make'n takes using the Winter Frost Specialty Designer Paper (everybody received a whole package of this in their goodie bag).

Another make'n take using Stampin' Up's Winter Frost Specialty Designer Paper.

Another make'n take project.  This is so beautiful in person.  It is a gift card holder using 2 Top Note dies (front and back) and there is a pocket on the inside made with the Winter Frost Specialty Designer Paper.  You can't tell but it is embossed with Silver Embossing Powder.

This gift bag uses all Stampin' Up retired product because I was experimenting making a sample gift bag.  I didn't like it so will be making a different one in the next couple of weeks for a craft show I am attending.
I have some really awesome projects lined up for my next post, but I hope some of these projects inspire you.

Until next time,
Sandi

"Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law."  -- Psalm 119:18

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects! Will you be sharing a tutorial on how to make the boxes that hold 20 cards and envelopes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects - how lucky that you're close enough to attend the workshop weekend :)
    I'd love it if you could share how to make the card boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. I would love to have a tutorial on this box. Twenty cards is an awesome size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Wish I lived close enough to attend the workshop weekend. Would love a tutorial on the box for the Christmas cards. That is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your gift bag. what's wrong with it? I was going to get the pattern for the 20 card box before I left but forgot. I'm sure you have given it to me before but would like it once more and I will make it ASAP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your box Sandi. It was a great time at Ronda's Creative Escape just like always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh.... tease, lol! Please share the measurements/scores for that box? Pretty puhleeze :-) ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty Please................what a great gift bag. Thanks for sharing and please post the process for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is funny how you can remake things in stampin up years later with new products and they look entirely different. I remember when we made these card boxes before and they still look great but love the bling on these. Great job as always Sandi

    ReplyDelete